Tuesday 20 May 2014

Mini TK Maxx Haul

TK Maxx is actually brilliant for finding bargains and discovering new beauty brands. The other day I popped in for a wee nose and managed to restrict myself to some new brushes and a toning moisturiser. I'm trying to be improve my savings a bit since getting the flat so TK Maxx is just perfect for treating myself in small doses.

elite models | Professional Foundation Brush

I've really been on the look out for a decent but affordable foundation brush. This one is lovely to use, I've tried it with a few of my different foundations and bb creams and it has handled the variety of products really well. It is a solid but soft brush that leaves a good texture on my skin so I'm really happy with the result.

Beauty Strokes | Mineral Optics Brush

This brush is more of a luxury than a necessity, but I adore it! It has different lengths of bristles to apply powders and mineralisers and it is so, so soft on the skin. It uses the lightest touch during application and it is really easy to control the amount you use, perfect for powder especially which I find can be easy to overdo. I usually shy away from bronzer because I find it too dark on my complexion but I managed to wear some when using this brush because it was so subtle.

(close up of mineral optics brush - the white bristles are a lot lighter, meaning you don't use as much product and you get a much more natural application)

Laidbare | Smooth as a Peach

The older I get, the more I notice 'difficult areas'. This cellulite buster promises to help firm and improve skin texture and appearance. It's made with natural ingredients and should help with both stretch marks and the 'orange peel' effect. I have only used it a couple of times and I have seen a slight improvement (though nothing beats a good diet and plenty water!). The lotion has a delicious summer scent of elderflower and dries super quickly which makes it really handy on busy mornings when you don't really have a lot of time.

Have you ever found a bargain at TK Maxx?

No comments:

Post a Comment