Wednesday 14 May 2014

Birchbox UK | May 2014

Birchbox - May 2014 Edition

Wow! What a gorgeous Birchbox this month! An exclusive collaboration with Harper's Bazaar celebrating the great outdoors and all things summer, this box was all about flexible samples that are perfect for freshening up. Sophie Bloomfield, the beauty director at Harper's Bazaar, also contributed her own tips for the box which are actually very helpful and made the in-box magazine a fantastic read. Here is a round-up of my box opening:

Benefit Cosmetics | They're Real! Mascara

Mascara is definitely one of my essentials and I am always on the hunt for a mascara that lasts without clumps or flaking. This is a neat sized sample with a brilliant wand so I'm really happy with the packaging. The formula itself promises "both volume and length to all types of lashes" and is a beautiful jet black, perfect for framing the eyes.

Soigné | Nail Lacquer

I was a bit hesitant at first as I am quite fussy with my nail varnishes and before I knew what colour it was, I just hoped it would be a summer shade! Luckily, I got this absolutely gorgeous nude with a slight pearl sheen, 'crème au beurre'. The formula is non-toxic, animal cruelty free and vegan which is great to see. They have a stunning selection of nail shades that I may just have to order as they all look fabulous.

Aromatherapy Associates | Revive Morning Bath & Shower Oil

This is an odd product, an oil that, if you have a shower, you are recommended to smooth over your body before showering, then you wash it off (if you are having a bath, you add it to the bath water before getting in). However, I absolutely love an oil product as my skin really appreciates the moisturising effects and it is perfect for summer when you need to lock in all the moisture that you can! Also, the scent of pink grapefruit, rosemary and juniper berry is amazing and lasts ages. The suggestion by Harper Bazaar's beauty director Sophie Bloomfield is to wear it as a fragrance which I am tempted to do as I just love the luxurious scent.

Beauty Protector | Protect & Shampoo, Protect & Condition

I am really glad Birchbox put in the two samples of both a shampoo and conditioner so you can get the full effect of both products! Exclusive to Birchbox, these two products are perfect if, like me, you are guilty of using heat on your hair. The honey pearl powder works like keratin to help repair any damage to the hair like frizz and split ends whilst also protecting from any future damage to the hair with UV protection.

Liz Earle Beauty Co. | Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser

I love hot cloth cleansers so I am so excited to try this out! Muslin clothes are excellent at buffing, giving you a unique glow to your skin. The product is celebrating an amazing 100 beauty awards, so you just know that this is going to be fantastic.

I loved my box this month, it was just so on point with the packaging, the products and the collaboration with Harper's Bazaar. With the box came a subscription offer with £12 for 12 issues of Harper's Bazaar which is a really good extra for Birchbox subscribers. I just feel the boxes are getting better and better, this one in particular felt so me and I cannot wait to use these products!

You can subscribe to Birchbox for £10 per month (plus £2.95 for P&P). You receive 5-6 beauty samples to try each month, and makes a great present for family and friends, or just a monthly treat for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment